Sheryl Eggleston

A Journey of Words and Stitches



Thursday, February 25, 2010

Something Wonderful



Something wonderful and fabulous IS happening. We just have to open our eyes and accept it, each and every day. Not necessarily a new concept, but to put myself in this space to let it happen is not always easy. When I do that, the day is just better. It takes true bravery to trudge on in what looks like insurmountable odds, to hold on to that dream, and they did it anyway! The dream Melody and Kathy had is an incredible, beautiful, far reaching reality.

These are two pages from my 'Beautiful Life' book I made at camp. The lesson for the day was truth and lies. I chose to make a book of affirmations of what I know in my heart to be true; miracles, blessings, the becoming of who we are meant to be and all the help along the way if we let it.

Just under 2 years ago, turquoise became MY color. It has a strong voice to it, and speaks of water and wide open skies. It speaks to my duality and fragility of self. This book is sooo turquoise and it makes me smile everytime I look at it.
I hope everyday it will remind me that I'm great at what I do, even if it is different from someone else. I'm not someone else; I'm me and I'll be brave in my own little way, every day. And that is the best lesson - ever.

So Be Brave today and everyday-no more excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment