Sheryl Eggleston

A Journey of Words and Stitches



Monday, February 1, 2010

Red - It's Everywhere



Even though Spring is a solid two months away, it seems like we have rounded a corner when February arrives. Red is just right for this month, though I must like it much more that I thought: I drive a red car, wear a red wool coat, and now I have a new red journal with wonderful heavyweight watercolor paper inside! I read recently (by a shoe store owner naturally) that every woman should have a pair of red heels, that they go with everything. I'm going to try this theory out this month.

I can't ever seem to tie myself down to one color but this month I will spend more time working with red. When you are out and about look for all things red and how they brighten up even a dreary day.

The thesaurus is a wealth of descriptions for the color red and all of its nuances. They invoke a multitude of images and feelings. See if they don't for you too.

Here are just a few for this first day of February:

Burgundy - Carmine - Carnation - Chinese Red - Crimson - Faded Rose -
Flame Red - Maroon - Poppy - Ruby - Royal Red - Scarlet - Strawberry - Naples Red - Lobster - Fuschia Red -Cherry - Vermillion - Cardinal - Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment