Sheryl Eggleston

A Journey of Words and Stitches



Monday, February 22, 2010

Brave Girl Camp - the beginning

Brave Girls Camp = art, life, love, miracles, trust, safety, clarity . . . I know there are more words than this, but for now it is enough to just savor these few, inadequate words and nurture the boundless love I feel for all my Brave Sisters


How can one not feel the love, love, love from this kind of detail, knowing that our hostesses put their hearts into every single step taken to ensure our knowledge of wonderous things about to happen.



And wonderous things did happen under the twinkle lights and lanterns. Life-changing experiences are just that and the best ones are the least expected. They can knock your socks off, take your breathe away, dispel the gloom and open up those doors one thought forgotten and closed.



A foggy day can be beauty sublime, but it is still a foggy day. It takes work sometimes to find that spot in the sun. And while I still have a long way to go, I am so much stronger for the journey thanks to the wonderful girls who made their dream of Brave Girls Club come true and for all my new brave sisters taking this walk with me.



I am a firm believer, (even more so now) that what you sincerely write/journal will come about in ways we never can imagine. It took me all day to visually journal the tender dream my sweetie and I have for the future. And though I wish and hope for a certain future, I realized after looking at my house, that I have it all today, right now!



Brave Girls Camp - Ya just gotta do it!!! Thank you Melody and Kathy!

Here is a little sound of heaven that is forever embedded in my heart along with all the tears and laughter that went with it.


3 comments:

  1. so wonderful.. I am going in Oct.. I cannot wait! Sounds like u had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I can't wait to hear and see more. I know Jenny Doh was there with you, and she's fabulous. Love your joyful house! (and those bird cupcakes look pretty darn good too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! Yes you do have it all now!!

    ReplyDelete